Are you interested in shaping urban communities with economic development being the vehicle? Are you awesome at organizing, strategizing, and implementing ideas? If you are looking for a professional role where you can have a real and direct impact on improving entrepreneurs’ lives in urban communities through a unique model that harnesses the private capital markets to advance racial equity and economic inclusion – this job is for you!
As the program manager, you will be responsible for implementing technical assistant programming that serves urban cities.
• Collaborate with internal team and stakeholders to drive program progress against goals through detailed attention to strategy, implementation, and objectives by establishing action items and owners.
• Organize strategies that will provide education, resources, and funding for small businesses
• Develop scaled resources by building out templates, playbooks, tools, and communication channels
• Measure, analyze program efficacy and recommend program updates based on feedback
• Manage, maintain, and organize a system for tracking, monitoring, and prioritizing tasks and projects
• Develop promotional materials, including content for reports, briefings, newsletters, grants, or other written information related to the program
• Assist in developing and coordinating program-related conferences, conventions, or meetings
• Monitor expenditures and participate in the budget planning process and prepare financial reports
• Assist in identifying funding resources and developing fund-raising strategies and initiatives
• Prepare operational and statistical reports
• Conduct training, represent the program at meetings, conferences, and network with affiliated groups
In this newly created role, you will be responsible for implementing entrepreneurial economic development-related strategies, programs, and initiatives. You will work cross-functionally to support LGC goals, communicate initiatives, and support various team members to achieve short and long-term action plans.
Qualifications for Project Manager
• Excited by the words “training” and “project management”
• Clear and concise communicator with the ability to relay complex information in a simplified way
• Analytical ability to solve problems creatively when considering scalability, building new programs, and working collaboratively with cross-functional partners
• Strong influencer who can turn a “no’ into a “yes” using data
• Self-starter who doesn’t wait for instructions to start digging in.
• Passion for quality work with strong attention to detail and initiative
• Demonstrated and unwavering commitment to economic initiatives that promote equity for minoritized populations
• Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices
• Experience seeing projects through the complete life cycle
• Tech-savvy and proficient in MS Office, Google Drive, Zoom, Monday, CRM platforms, etc
• Thrive in an entrepreneurial environment
• Bachelor’s degree in a field-related field and two years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!
Salary Range: $38,000 – $45,000
Location Requirement: Full Time, Hybrid
Start Date: May 2022
Note: This role will be granted the opportunity to work from home regularly but must be able to commute locally for meetings and events as needed. LGC reserves the right to change this status with notice to the employee.